Saturday, April 30, 2011

The 1/2 Bath

A 1/2 bath on the main level was a must for me while looking at houses.  I've been living in a 1 bedroom 1 bath for so long and I'm thrilled that my guests will no longer have to use my bathroom.  

For some reason I've wanted to paint this bathroom a purple color ever since I moved in.  I go back and forth between wanting a deep dark purple or a light lavender.  I know that I want white accents to play off the purple and this Sherwin Williams color just might be to right color.  It's not too dark but has the drama I'm looking for.  My mom has a new embroidery machine so I'm thinking of white towels with purple paisleys or flowers
I think a mirror like this would pop off the purple wall.  I don't really care what shape mirror is so I think I'll keep my eye out for an ornate mirror no matter the color and spray paint it if I have to. I found this one on Etsy!

I hate the toilets in this house with a passion.  I wasn't planning on changing out the plumbing fixtures when we were looking at the house but after living with running toilets that don't flush well I've decided I will put a line item in the budget for 4 new toilets.  I will definitely be getting water efficient toilets and I really like this dual flush option.  Not only is it good for the environment and will save me money but I like the way it looks too.  
The vanity in this bathroom is adequate.  It's a white cabinet with a cultured marble top.  Nothing spectacular but it's not something on the top of my list to change.  Part of my hesitation to change it out is that the floor and walls would need to be redone at the same time which seems like a bigger project than is really needed for the 1/2 bath.  The floors right now are a gray and white marble that I think would work really well with the purple. If I did change out the vanity I would like something like this
I love that it looks like an old apothecary cabinet and has cute bun feet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment