Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Office Wall

My parent's neighborhood sent out this monthly news letter for Mother's Day (sorry I couldn't figure out how to rotate it, I'm new to this remember :)  I love the colors and the playful design.  One of the upstairs bedrooms is going to be my office.  I figure if I'm going to be spending a lot of time in a room making my dreams come true then why not fill it with something that inspires me.  Here's a picture of what the room looked like before I painted it.
I love the three large windows that look out on to the back common area.  Since it's on the third floor it feels like you're in a tree house.  The tree right out side the window is a pink and white tulip magnolia that is breathtaking when it blooms.  I have since painted the room a Tiffany Blue which is a little brighter than I had intended but is still really pretty.  I would love to figure out a way to paint the flowers from the news letter under the windows.  I have these grand ideas that I would be able to paint something similar because it doesn't look that difficult but I know myself and my skills so I'll have to find an alternative.  I've been looking on Etsy to see if I could find wall decals that are similar and maybe I could fill in the decals with the fun colors.  I haven't found anything that is perfect yet so I'll keep looking.  So far this is the closest thing I've seen but it just doesn't have the whimsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment